The Colorado Statesman compiles GOP senatorial candidates’ staff lists
• Consultant: Walt Klein, whose advertising and political consulting firm is based in Denver. Klein has shaped numerous Republican campaigns over nearly three decades.
• Policy and communications director: Owen Loftus, formerly a member of the state Republican communications staff.
• Organization and volunteer director: Brian Oakes, of Greeley, who formerly worked in the 4th Congressional District Office of U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave.
• Finance director: Cat (Catherine) Miller, of Denver, who has worked for the National Republican Congressional Committee and several campaigns, including the campaign of 4th CD U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave.
• Deputy finance director: Katie Granger, who worked on former Congressman Bob Schaffer’s U.S. Senate campaign last year. (Granger also is working on Walker Stapleton’s campaign for state treasurer.)
• Campaign manager: Frazier is currently in the process of selecting a campaign manager and expects to make a choice within two weeks.
• Consultant: Jason Hebert, head of The Political Firm.Com. Hebert, of Baton Rouge, La., managed the 2004 campaign of President George W. Bush in his home state and in Colorado. He previously served as executive director and political director for the Louisiana GOP.
• Organization director: Marc Massey, who worked as coordinator of the state volunteer strike force for the 2008 McCain-Palin presidential ticket and was a “Get out the Vote” volunteer for the state GOP in previous elections.
• Campaign finance chairman: Bob Martinez, state GOP chairman, 2002-2006.
• “I’d like to hire (President) Obama’s campaign manager,” joked Greenheck, who hasn’t hired a campaign staff.
• Campaign manager: Rebecca Rose, former Gunnison County GOP chair.
• Campaign manager: Norm Cummings, an Ohio-based political consultant whose political career took him from being a staffer on President George Bush’s campaign in the 1980s to serving as chief of staff at the Republican National Committee in the 1990s.
• Deputy campaign manager: Cinamon Watson, who has worked on several Republican campaigns, including Gov. Bill Owens’ re-election bid in 2002; Pete Coors’ race for the U.S. Senate in 2004, and former Congressman Bob Beauprez’s gubernatorial bid in 2006.
• Finance Committee co-chairs: Philanthropists Bob and Mary Sue Hawk, of Aurora; Charlie Gallagher, of Denver; Bill and Verna Pauls, of Englewood; and John and Carol Saeman, of Englewood.
• Campaign co-chairs: Former Gov. Bill Owens, former U.S. Sen. Bill Armstrong, former U.S. Sen. Hank Brown and former U.S. Rep. Bob Beauprez.
• The campaign plans to announce more key positions in the near future.
• “I’m not releasing any names or positions for security reasons,” said Tidwell.
• The candidate said two key staff members — James Cagle and Sean Doherty — have left the campaign to work on other projects.
“Both are good guys,” said Tidwell.